Many of those who often buy from AliExpress or from other online stores have dealt with that. Sometimes you receive damaged or wrong products. Customers may return goods back to the seller. In this article, we will explain how to do it and what details to take into account.
Checklist on returning the product on AliExpress
- Communicate with the seller only via chat on AliExpress.
- Always ask for the return address, before the product is sent to you.
- When you are unhappy with the product you have received (it is broken or just doesn’t meet your expectations), you have to open a dispute to return (or not to return) the product to the seller and to get a refund. But before you do it, decide what is better – to resell the product in your country or to get the compensation from the seller. The shipping is often more expensive than the product itself.
- Make the video of the unboxing or at least take pictures to use them as a piece of evidence in case of dispute. If you decide to return the product back to China, contact your seller before opening the dispute. Describe the situation. If the reply says the exchange is impossible, open a dispute. Never send the products back to China before opening a dispute on AliExpress.
To open a dispute, go to the “Order Details” section and click “Open Dispute”. You will see the fields to fill in:
- expected resolution: return of product and refund;
- issue: select from the dropdown list (bad quality, fault, etc.);
- refund amount: specify the amount;
- in the corresponding field describe the situation as detailed as possible.
Attach the evidence (video or photos). The unboxing video may serve as a proof in case the seller claims it is you who broke the product. By the way, you can attach the history of your messages with the seller to prove he agreed to get the product back.
When the dispute is opened, you have to wait for the seller’s reply. If the seller agrees to accept the product back, he will specify the return address. If he refuses to do it, escalate the dispute.
Returning goods and money back
You will have only 10 days from the moment the seller specified the returned address to send the product back. Don’t postpone it and visit the post office right away. Fill in the application for the international shipment. You will receive the tracking number. Send it to the seller together with the scanned copy or the photo of the receipt. Specify the website for tracking the shipment. It might be the website of the postal service you used or international tracking service.
The timer of the product’s delivery to the seller starts then. As soon as the seller confirms receiving of the product, the dispute will be closed and you will get the refund.
If 30 days have passed and the seller didn’t receive the parcel still, he can escalate the dispute. In this case, both parties will have to provide a piece of evidence within 10 days. Collect all the information you prepared when opening the dispute, add the tracking number and the screenshot providing you sent the product to the seller along with the scanned copy of the receipt. You can also attach the screenshot from the tracking service.
If you prove the fact that the package has arrived to China (or on its way), the seller might cancel the escalation of the dispute and agree to refund the money. If he doesn’t do it, AliExpress administration will make a solution within 10 days. If you have all the evidence and provided the information in a clear way, the administration will resolve the dispute in your favor.
We wish you pleasant shopping with no returns! Don’t forget that AliExpress in not only ф buy and sell platform but also a good opportunity to save with on cash back. Do you want to know how? Check on this page: Aliexpress cashback Megabonus provides the highest cash back rates and helps to save money.